MacroWorld Publishing Co. publishes academic nonfiction books that
contain high-quality text features, including a
table of contents, a glossary, and an index,
timelines, maps, diagrams, sidebars, full-color
photos and captions, primary source materials,
and more. We are always interested in exploring
the possibilities for publication of new titles.
Obviously, this is the rare exception rather
than the rule, but many authors are able to
derive a respectable income from their writing.
If your manuscript is truly outstanding, then we
will consider publishing your work whether or
not you have published before. Please adhere to
the following guidelines when submitting
Response time: Currently at approximately 10
weeks. We read and respond to all queries
whether you have an agent or not, whether you're
previously published or not.
Submit a one-page query, a two-page synopsis and the first three chapters of the manuscript. If your manuscript or sample is not in MS-Word format, please be able to describe its format when you contact us. It is not necessary for prospective authors to have an agent or any publishing history in order to submit their manuscripts to us. Art, photographs, and other graphic products must be submitted in .TIF format; our production chief will discuss resolution and other issues with authors at the appropriate stage. Format all documents as MS Word, double space, Times Roman font; 12pt. Do not use section breaks nor page numbers.
- We layout your book to include margins,
gutters, chapter starts, headers, footers, table
of contents, and all the professional nuances
that high quality books contain.
- We only accept submission packages that include a well-written query letter, along with a one-page description about your story, a two-page synopsis that includes the ending, and the first three chapters of the book.
- We print the book (paperback; glossy colour cover; black-white interior with digital printing on slightly creme-colored matte book paper; book size 5" x 8" or 5.5" x 8.5" or 6" x 9" - depending on the length of the manuscript and the type of the book content); if it is written in English, we also offer your book in electronic formats for Amazon Kindle, Google eBook, and in ePub format for many devices from iPad/iPhone, Android, Nook, Sony Reader, etc.
- We provide an ISBN number and a barcode for the paperback version of your book, and a second ISBN number for the eBook versions of your book.
Once we have developed a marketing plan we
will project the costs for the production and
marketing of the book. Then, we notify the
author of the percentage involved in order to
achieve a successful publication. We try to
choose the very best distributor for each work,
depending upon its genre and other features such
as local colour. We write individualized press
releases for each of our books as well.
Please send by mail or email a query letter and a 2-3 page synopsis. Your query letter should state:
- The book's contents
- Approximate word count
- Intended audience
- Editor's contact information
- Author's experience & background
- Marketing plan, promotional ideas & contacts
Initially, e-mail or mail contact with some basic information is useful.
Send as email attachment to: email@example.com