About the journal
Journal of City, Culture and Architecture concentrates on publishing the highest quality original research of scholars in a broad range of disciplines, including architecture, art, cultural studies, anthropology, urban studies, geography, and demography, and their relations with history, psychology, sociology, and statistics.
Aims and Scope
The Journal seeks to explore the ways of improving comprehensive examination of various interdisciplinary approaches to studying urban culture, city identity, metropolitan life and architecture various forms of art by focusing the roles of human communication in space and symbolic borders between different communicative practices and the cultural aspects of urbanization.
The primary goal is to promote pioneering research on cultural diversity and richness of traditional and local societies, urban structuralism to the semiotic perspectives of poststructuralism, cultural institutions and heritage and the spiritual-material products and the architectural structures throughout the life time of mankind, and to make a strong link between past and future. The cultural manufacturing types and the art of living that are formed throughout centuries and experiences, when considered its contribution both to multi-cultural social life and keeping cultural memory alive, will be remembered as the most striking evidence for cultural and social originality of a society which tell its own aesthetic idea by its produced arts.
Research Areas Include:
- City and City’s Identity
- Urban Culture and experience of modernity
- Cultural values, City and Conservation
- Urbanization and Health
- Regeneration of City and Challenges
- Architectural features of urban culture,
- The environment and sustainability in the city life,
- The impact of design and culture on cities and architecture.
- The mapping and the imagination on cities
- Sustainable Architecture Strategy, Optimization, Modelling
- City Policy, Planning and Design,
- Land use and Land cover on cities